The impressive Tyndale house was originally built in 1902 and owned by William Alfred Hunt (1845-1929), a noted pioneer in the use of dental anaesthetics and the Mayor of Yeovil (1905-06). The house was converted into a nursing home by Chris and Hilary Wharton in the mid-1980s, with further extension works taking place in the 1990s, and catered for residents needing specialist nursing care. Tyndale nursing home closed in 2015 and was acquired by The Carlauren Group in 2016. The remodelling and renovation of Tyndale was phase two of our Yeovil site. Set in its own large and pleasant private grounds Tyndale House offers luxury care studio accommodation with professional care and support on hand 24 hours a day. Our home offers 18 spacious care studios suitable for dementia care within a Victorian period property.
Our care community development offers the full spectrum of adult care services from sheltered/assisted living accommodation and home care provided within care studios, through to dementia care. Our residents will enjoy the independence and privacy of their own care studio home, secure in the knowledge that their personal care, laundry, meals and all the hassles of managing their own home, are taken care of by our professional care and support staff. Situated within easy reach of the centre of the delightful market town of Yeovil, our community is close to a wide range of local amenities, major commuter routes and public transport facilities.